Wednesday, March 31, 2010

In a Past Life

Bear with me for just a moment...

I am convinced that every pet I have ever had/met/encountered/photographed must have been a human in a past life. It is one of my all time favorite things to image what they would be like: their occupation, how they must have dressed, what their voice sounded like, etc. My childhood dog, Squirt, we all imagined to have been a gentle giant.(He was 140lbs...not much of a squirt!) He was the guy always in the "friend" zone, but the best friend anyone could ask for: loyal, loving, and sweet as anything.

My sister's cat is definitely a sassy teenager, with a knack for getting away with anything. He is sneeky, but at the end of the day all he wants is to curl up next to mom.

So when I met my roommates cat, Zoe, (or monsterface as she has been dubbed) I couldn't help but see the 'human' in her. She wore narrow glasses that she placed strategically on the bridge of her nose. She had a single beauty mark slightly above her right lip and she just might have been a librarian.

Just a thought... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment